Monday 23 April 2012

Can crackle be chic?

Pin It Now!
Now I know many people are so over crackle polishes. They've kind of had their time right? Still they they've been invented and exist as part of our polish arsenal (lol, that came out weird - but it's true no?) so I want to try and find new ways of using them.

For this mani I used two coats of Rimmel Grey Matter (I like that name, effort was made). The crackle topcoat is Nails Inc Islington, a bright Barbie pink.



The formula on this was thicker than I expected, so I think I'll thin it down for future use. Still it cracked so can't really complain. For the white dots I used my Sally Hansen white polish and my trusty dotting tool (a toothpick).



Now it's just my first go, so I admit that I haven't come up with the most unique look, but my excuse is that I needed something "work appropriate". I'm going to try again for a fun and wacky weekend mani, so be sure to check back if you want to see the results of my experimenting.


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely design! like your blog!

    http://allthelittlethings3.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks. I'm now following your blog. Liking your Essence swatches! I wish I could get them here in the UK.

      Delete