Wednesday 11 April 2012

Nails Inc - St Johns Wood Dots

Pin It Now!
One of my new favorite things to do is to go nail polish bargain hunting on Ebay. There's nothing quite like picking up a polish for £1.00 when it normally retails for £10.00. A few days ago I was extra lucky and managed to be pick up two Nails Inc polishes for a total of £4.00 including shipping. Yes, lucky me.



For this post I present to you Nails Inc St Johns wood, a blue toned purple creme. Formula and coverage is great, a two-coater for me. Nails Inc polishes have good brushes so application was easy too.

 outdoor lighting


indoor lighting

To spice things up a bit, and to try out my hand at dotting, I decided to go for a polka dot mani. I used a Sally Hansen white polish and a straightened out bobby pin (hair pin) as my dotting tool. I'd say for a first go, it turned out ok. I was a bit too impatient with letting the white dots dry and smeared one of my nails a bit when I added top coat (Seche Vite).






Oh well, practice makes perfect and I'll definitely be trying out polka dots again. I am always looking for inspiration and new things to try, so please share your polka dot manicures with me. I'd love to see them.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. i have st johns wood! i never use it tho... u have just inspired me! xx

    ReplyDelete