Friday 20 April 2012

Reptilian

Pin It Now!
This is a quick post today after yesterdays marathon. I was inspired by a post by Sheba at The Lovely Nail. She'd just done an enviable haul, part of which were these amazing nail stickers called Color Me Beautiful by Dashing Diva Design from their FX Bling collection.

 
To quote Sheba herself, "They are effin' COOL!"

To see her post and for info on where to order these nail strips if you are in the US click here. She's going to do a "swatch" and review in the near future so we can see how they look on. Very exciting! I will link to her post as soon as it is up.

So I knew when I saw those colourful shiny strips that I had to have a go at recreating that cool dotty design. So here is my DIY version.




The polishes I used were 2 coats of Rimmel Black Out and MUA shade #13 . It's a lovely deep metallic green and only costs £1.00! I picked up both these polishes in my local Superdrug but MUA polishes are also available at the MUA website here.

To make the dots I used toothpicks for the smaller dots and a bent hair/bobby pin for the bigger dots. I sealed things in with a coat of Seche Vite. I think the pattern looks a bit like lizard skin, don't you think so?

I hope you like it. I like it, and I know I'm going to try this mani again in other colours. Dotting is fun!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. How lovely Anan!!! This looks awesome and you did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete